There Are Many Ways to Train to Teach Tai Chi
Training sessions can be scheduled for your school or organization.
In-school workshops include classroom demonstrations as well as professional development.Video conference workshops can be arranged for parents, children, teachers and other professionals. Individual workshops can cover:
- Short Tai Chi morning sessions to wake up the energy and get ready for the day
- Breathing sessions to use before tests and creative assignments to focus
- After lunch sessions to calm down and refocus
- After school sessions to release tension and hyperactivity
- Peer mentor programs to train older students to lead Tai Chi in the classroom with younger student.
Please contact us for individualized program, costs and possible dates.
Individual Online training can be scheduled.
- First you decide which of the 3 Tai Chi Moves sets you would like to focus on and place your order. You practice five or more times to familiarize yourself with the moves.
- A skype call is scheduled to review the moves together, discuss the practice, and correct any movements that are not fully understood. (45 minutes)
- Review the curriculum for the program, which will be emailed to you.
- Answer written questions about Tai Chi Moves for Kids via email.
- Schedule a second Skype conversation to review the moves and answer any questions. (45 minutes)
- Receive your Certificate
Cost including materials (one set), two 45 minute skype calls and evaluation of answers to Certification questions …….$175
Cari Shurman, MAT, founder of WITHIN Wellness Center in Miami, is the creator of Tai Chi Moves for Kids©. She holds a Master of Arts in Teaching degree and is certified as a teacher of Tai Chi and Qigong by the National Qigong Association, is a mentor of the Universal Society of the Integral Way and is a certified teacher of Five Element Qigong by the World Institute of Self Healing.
In her 30 years of teaching and traveling around the world, Shurman observed Tai Chi being used in China as a needed break for students between classes. She says she has found nothing more effective for students than Tai Chi to help them do better and feel better about themselves. She has worked successfully with individual children, as well as groups, teaching them Tai Chi skills and focused energy to help them cope with learning and attention disabilities and hyperactivity as well as improving their day to day concentration and performance. Autistic children have responded extremely well to tai chi movements.
Cari offers teacher training workshops in schools throughout the country.
Information on studies that have been done on Tai Chi and children.
WORKSHOPS AND PRESENTATIONS FOR 2015
FEB 2-6 – a week of workshops in the NYC Public Schools
MARCH 2-11 Ten days of workshops the NYC Public Schools
TAI CHI FOR KIDS at the NATIONAL QIGONG ASSOCIATIONI ANNUAL CONFERENCE in Basking Ridge, NY,
FRIDAY JULY 17th at 1:00
Cari SHURMAN: QIGONG, JUST FOR FUN
It’s birds! It’s tigers!, It’s kids doing Tai Chi. Kids today are exposed to so much, both good and bad. But they have lost their natural instincts for play, feelings and self-discovery. The multi-dimensional aspects of Tai Chi and Qigong help kids feel good and have fun with self-confidence. “Can you move as slowly as a lion stalking its prey?” “Can you move as quickly as a lion catching its prey?”
Together we move, feel and know ourselves. Join me to learn how best to work with children, at home, in school or after school. And let them teach you!
Presentation Percentage: Lecture 50%; Experiential 50%.
Basics for beginners, Some experience with Qigong or Taiji, Advanced instruction and techniques.
BIO: NQA Level III Certification, Certified by World Inst. of Self healing; Mentor – Integral Way Society. Cari has been teaching Tai Chi for Kids© in the NYC Public Schools for over 10 years. She has trained teachers in Colorado, Miami, LA, Chicago, S. Africa and other areas. She is a member of the Integral Way, NQA Level III Professional member, Licensed teacher WISH (World Institute of Self-Healing).Her love of qigong led to the development of this simplified method to improve children’s focus, fitness and self-esteem. She has seen improvement in classroom atmosphere, excitement with challenged children who love the internal energy, and peace on the faces of teachers when their students work together.
Learning to Shoot a Bow and Arrow
The Elephant Drinks Water
June 4, 2015
NYC Public Schools end of Year event of the School Wellness Council Thursday June 4, 2015